Caraway and Onion flatbread with Hummus by Steven Dolby
(Serves 4-5 people)
1 Large garlic bulb
1/3 Cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
Juice of Half lemon
400g Canned chickpeas (drained)
1 Tsp ground cumin
Salt (good pinch)
Finish with E V olive oil, sprinkle Red Chili Flakes, ground Cumin & fresh chopped Parsley
(Serves 2-3 people)
1 Medium onion (sliced)
150g All-purpose flour
1/2 Tsp caraway seeds
2 Tbsp olive oil
Ground black pepper (pinch)
1/4 Cup warm water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. On a piece of foil, place garlic bulb, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and wrap tight.
3. Pop in oven and roast for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
4. In food processor, combine tahini, and lemon juice.
5. Squeeze and add roasted garlic. Blitz for about 1 minute.
5. Add chickpeas, cumin, and salt. Blitz until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt, tahini, and lemon juice.
6. Into a bowl, transfer the hummus and finish with extra virgin olive oil, ground cumin, red chili flakes, and fresh parsley.
1. In a pan, pour oil, add onion, sprinkle sugar and cook until golden brown.
2. Into a bowl, combine flour, caramelized onion, caraway seeds, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
3. Pour water and knead just to bring it together. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 30-40 minutes.
4. On lightly floured surface, knead dough for 10 minutes. Shape into a log and slice into pieces.
5. Roll the dough pieces flat and cook in a flat hot dry pan until golden and crispy.
6. Serve flatbread with hummus and enjoy!
© STEVEN DOLBY